The Account Director, in conjunction with the VP of Sales, manages a portfolio of accounts and all programs within each account. The AD will liaise between key customers and cross-functional internal teams (including our strategic partner) to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our products, solutions and services according to each customer needs and requests. The AD is responsible for renewing/growing assigned brand, franchise and/or account. Secures new business opportunities within or beyond assigned accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Quickly become an expert on JOLT’s vision, values, and unique value proposition, as well as JOLT’s product and service offerings. Serve as both a brand ambassador for JOLT’s unique value proposition and a strategic advisor to JOLT’s Sales Team.
- Proactively seek out new solutions for each client account, pitching for and closing new opportunities. Working closely with the VP of Sales, achieve assigned sales targets to help JOLT achieve sustainable growth. Plan for and participate in the client’s annual business planning process to ensure JOLT has a “seat at the table” for renewals and expanded business opportunities.
- Collaborate with various partners to ensure high quality delivery of services to client.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of project execution, both directly and through the team.
- Develop SOWs for both existing and new business opportunities.
- Direct development of, and enforce compliance with, SOPs.
- Craft and deliver client pitches and presentations. Summarize work progress/outcomes and key takeaways in formal team meeting presentations. Lead the development and submission of complete proposals.
- Serve as main client contact for programs within the assigned accounts. Lead the relationship regarding delivery of solutions, business opportunities at the client, working along with client at appropriate business cycle times, bringing appropriate solutions to the client.
- Develop, manage and meet project execution budgets and revenue generation/renewal targets.
- Ensure that all client communications, activity is recorded properly in Salesforce
- Be available for overnight travel up to 25-35% of the time.
- Perform other duties as requested and/or assigned.
Management, motivation and development of internal program delivery staff as well as external contractors and vendors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, sales, project management or related field
- Minimum 7-15 years’ demonstrated experience in account management of medical communication or education programs in the life sciences industry
- Nice to have is working within an agency servicing the Pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of consultative sales, account management and business development
- Demonstrated experience leading and motivating both internal teams and external resources to deliver projects on time, within budget and to the delight of clients
- Exceptional people management, vendor management, project management and client relations skills
Special Skills and Abilities
- Application of scientific or technical knowledge
- Consultative sales and business development
- Financial acumen, budget management and forecasting
- Project management and program execution
- Develop client and vendor SOWs
- Detail orientation and time management; multi-tasking
- Outstanding verbal, written and presentation skills
- Creative problem solving
- Customer / client relations
- People and vendor management
- Performance management
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Selling SaaS solutions
- Strong understanding of Digital Solutions
- Working in CRM solutions – nice to have is Salesforce CRM
This position description is intended for the purpose of evaluation and salary positioning and is not a contract setting forth the full scope of employment. The employer retains the right to deviate from the description at its discretion, without notice.